Author Topic: Alabama Pistol Permit Reference Guide  (Read 2224 times)

Treborfoot

Alabama Pistol Permit Reference Guide
« on: January 27, 2011, 01:30:42 PM »
Alabama Pistol Permit Reference Guide

If you possess an Alabama Pistol Permit, it is YOUR responsibility to know the laws and regulations in any state you carry your pistol. The Alabama Pistol Permit Reference Guide helps you meet this difficult task.

Here is what is included in this publication:

Section 1 States that honor the Alabama Pistol Permit.  The laws and regulations about carrying in each state.
                                       Section 2 States that don't honor the Alabama Pistol Permit, and how to transport your pistol in each state.
                                       Section 3 Alabama laws and regulations regarding carrying in Alabma and; the Alabama Lethal Force Law.

A vital part of this publication is that anyone who gets this publication, also receives annual up-dates to their e-mail address regarding changes to state laws, or other areas that could affect an Alabama Pistol Permit Holder.

Get the 2011 edition at:

>  Any Alabma Sheriff's Office (no shipping charges).   
                                                                                                              >  By mail: fill-in the order form, and send to the Alabama Sheriffs Association (see below).
                                                                                                              >  By credit card: (see below). 

There is a $ 6.00 donation, plus a $2.00 shipping and haneling charge, to the Alabama Sheriffs Association for the 2011 publication.

There is no mailing charge if you get one at any Alabama Sheriff's Office.

Comments on this publication

To pay by check or money order, click here to print an Alabama Sheriffs Association Order form.

Order Form in PDF

Note: I did not correct their spelling.

Link to page.
http://alabamaopencarry.com/forum/index.php?action=post;board=10.0

Kirbinator

• Liked: 434
  • I am not a lawyer.
    • View Profile
Re: Alabama Pistol Permit Reference Guide
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 10:44:46 PM »
There is no Alabama Pistol Permit.
Who can endure toil, famine, stripes, imprisonment & death itself in vindication of his own liberty, and the next moment . . . inflict on his fellow men a bondage. -- Thomas Jefferson

"I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... never again!" -- Magneto

Treborfoot

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 04:29:34 AM »
There is no Alabama Pistol Permit.

I provided a bad link. here is the correct one.

http://www.alabamasheriffs.com/index.php

Kirb I think they meant (which I'm sure you figured out) that it is guide that pertains to all permits in Alabama regardless of what county you are in.

Ruger .454

• Liked: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 07:03:15 AM »
Whoa.  I had never heard of the Alabama Sheriff's Association, and I sure didn't know that my county sheriff was the president.  Perhaps that's yet another reason why Sheriff Dorning does not respond to correspondence concerning open carry.

This might not be a very good site.  They haven't updated their reciprocal pistol permit list since 2007.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 07:04:51 AM by Ruger .454 »
"I would never invade the United States.  There would be a gun behind every blade of grass."  - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, Imperial Japanese Navy

Ranger

• Liked: 666
  • AL Constitution Sec 26
    • View Profile
  • Region: Region 1
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 07:11:20 AM »
Why is the order form available in .PDF format but the booklet itself isn't? Maybe it's because they really look forward to the $6 "donation" they ask for the booklet. I picked up a booklet at Dorning's office. If the Alabama Sheriff's Assn. has a different booklet, why are both available and what could be different?
Always engage your brain before you pull your gun...a quick wit is the best safety device for any gun! If you can't control your tongue, your temper or your tendency to act like a fool, you have no business carrying a gun! The rest of us will scout Boot Hill for your final resting place.

Ruger .454

• Liked: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 08:29:29 AM »
If it's no more current than their reciprocal concealed carry permit list, then it's not likely to be worth the six bucks to find out.
"I would never invade the United States.  There would be a gun behind every blade of grass."  - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, Imperial Japanese Navy

Facebook Comments