Author Topic: Regency Square Mall in Florence Warning and DNP  (Read 1025 times)

Cobra45

• Liked: 85
    • View Profile
  • Region: Region 1
Regency Square Mall in Florence Warning and DNP
« on: May 22, 2012, 12:04:32 PM »
As I type this I'm sitting 6 feet from a "Code of Conduct" sign for the mall, I took a picture with my phone that I will upload when I get home. #9 on a list of 12 states that "Only duly authorized law enforcement officers are permitted to carry a weapon on mall property. Others that violate this policy are subject to ejection and permanent ban from the property." There is no sign on the door so I just wanted to pass word to anyone considering OC at the mall in Florence. Maybe we can find the email of the person in charge and tell them about their flawed policy.
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
-George Washington
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
        \_'_\ *  (
               \ *  \

Blackcloud

• Liked: 856
    • View Profile
  • Region: N/A
Re: Regency Square Mall in Florence Warning and DNP
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 05:30:14 PM »

Regency Square Mall MALL MANAGEMENT

TOMMY RICHARDSON: Senior Property Manager
Tommy Richardson is the Senior Property Manager for Regency Square Mall.  His professional background includes over 20 years of property management, retail management and operations and sales experience.  Mr. Richardson received a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing with a minor in Management from the University of North Alabama.  He holds the professional designation of Certified Shopping Center Manager (CSM) from the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC).

Phone:  256.766.2176
Fax:  256.766.2198
Email:  TRichardson@HullStoreyGibson.com
"I just want to carry my gun and be left alone"

woodpile

• Liked: 1156
  • Proud to OC (Openly Cling) God and guns
    • View Profile
  • Region: Region 6
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 07:47:40 PM »
You failed to include hoplophobe
The Honorable Woodpile
Constable - Coffee County

Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless..
    -- Isaiah 10:1-2

Dave

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 03:01:29 PM »

Manager of Regency Square Mall?.....    In Florence, Alabama?..............  "Pig Vomit"?!?!?!??!

<rhetorical post, sorry, couldn't help it>

SFCRetired

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 06:22:24 PM »
No mall that I have been to in Alabama (Huntsville, Mobile, and Montgomery) has had a sign on the doors or anywhere externally.  What every one of them had was a fairly inconspicuously posted "Rules of Conduct" (or similar wording) that had the "No weapons except for LEOs" buried in the middle of the "Rules".

I don't believe there is a mall that does not have that rule.  Funny thing is, I will bet you any amount you want to wager that a high percentage of the thugs I see in the malls are carrying (illegally) a concealed firearm.

Bullet

• Regional Coordinators
  • Liked: 544
  • Director of Operations
    • View Profile
  • Region: Region 4
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 06:52:30 PM »

Eastdale Mall has a no weapons policy but it is listed on a House rules list kept inside at all the entrances. The problem is the rule is like #9 on a list of how to dress and act in the mall. They don't have a no guns sign because the no weapons rule list any and all weapons.

I feel safer already!

Kirbinator

• Liked: 432
  • I am not a lawyer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 08:22:59 PM »
The Galleria in Hoover doesn't ban firearms, or any activity really, except those which offend other patrons. Weasel words.
Who can endure toil, famine, stripes, imprisonment & death itself in vindication of his own liberty, and the next moment . . . inflict on his fellow men a bondage. -- Thomas Jefferson

"I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... never again!" -- Magneto

Bullet

• Regional Coordinators
  • Liked: 544
  • Director of Operations
    • View Profile
  • Region: Region 4
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 09:02:11 PM »
Why do so many malls ban guns? Are they all managed by a couple of property management firms?

SFCRetired

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 05:41:12 AM »
Why do so many malls ban guns? Are they all managed by a couple of property management firms?

The usual response to that question is that it is an insurance/liability thing.  IANAL, but I think a policy that kept a LAC from defending himself or his family in such a place would be grounds for a massive lawsuit if they were attacked. 

I've noticed that "security" in the malls I've been in is not even up to the joke level.

Best policy for us is to do everything within our power to avoid these places.

Ranger

• Liked: 665
  • AL Constitution Sec 26
    • View Profile
  • Region: Region 1
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 07:58:08 AM »
If I don't read it, I never saw it. If they don't post it on the entrance door I'm not held responsible for reading "rules" set up somewhere in the side the mall. You gotta love concealed carry sometimes!
Always engage your brain before you pull your gun...a quick wit is the best safety device for any gun! If you can't control your tongue, your temper or your tendency to act like a fool, you have no business carrying a gun! The rest of us will scout Boot Hill for your final resting place.

MJ

• Regional Coordinators
  • Liked: 85
    • View Profile
  • Region: Region 5
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 08:32:40 AM »
If it ain't on the door or on a noticeable sign outside, I ain't gonna see it at all.
MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

Facebook Comments