Author Topic: Suicide at Larry's Pistol & Pawn, Huntsville  (Read 6064 times)

Ruger .454

• Liked: 2
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 08:06:14 PM by Ranger »
"I would never invade the United States.  There would be a gun behind every blade of grass."  - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, Imperial Japanese Navy

SFCRetired

Re: Fatal Shooting at Larry's Pistol & Pawn, Huntsville
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 05:22:48 PM »
Any more news on this?  Been in Larry's many, many times when I lived up there.  The guy who ran the range always kept a pretty sharp eye out on the folks who were back there. 

Ruger .454

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 05:45:04 PM »
The only other information I've been able to learn is that the unfortunate individual was shot in the chest and that police are NOT searching for anyone.

http://www.waff.com/Global/story.asp?S=13030404
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 05:02:33 AM by Ruger .454 »
"I would never invade the United States.  There would be a gun behind every blade of grass."  - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, Imperial Japanese Navy

Ranger

• Liked: 666
  • AL Constitution Sec 26
    • View Profile
  • Region: Region 1
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 06:18:57 PM »
The last thing I heard was that it was either accidental or a suicide. You can rent guns at Larry's for the range. All you have to buy is a range passs ($10) and a box of ammo for the pistol you want to use.
Always engage your brain before you pull your gun...a quick wit is the best safety device for any gun! If you can't control your tongue, your temper or your tendency to act like a fool, you have no business carrying a gun! The rest of us will scout Boot Hill for your final resting place.

bigdawgfotch

• Liked: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 06:36:50 AM »
RIP to that person...I hope this does not screw a good and inexpensive place to shoot...Rember who is in charge..INSURANCE..INSURANCE and more INSURANCE

FTW
want my gun..come and get it..

KCinBAMA

• Liked: 70
    • View Profile
  • Region: Region 1
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 07:25:55 AM »
Channel 19's coverage has a comment posted by WITNESS (post #19 & #20) in the comments section - says he was on lane 2 and it happened on lane 1.
http://www.topix.net/forum/source/whnt/TUR4GEH4JVOKHDHNA
member of Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc

You may walk down Government Street with an exposed weapon in your underwear, and not be charged with a weapons violation, but perhaps a "saggy pants" charge by the City if they pass their ordinance.  Sheriff Cochran, Mobile County, Aug 10, 2011

Ruger .454

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 12:00:45 PM »
The fatal shooting at Larry's Pistol & Pawn shooting range, "The Ammo Dump," has been ruled a suicide.

http://www.whnt.com/news/whnt-death-investigation-larrys-pistol-and-pawn-082310,0,1890338.story

Mystic Lemur

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 01:35:10 PM »
That's good to know, but wow.  :(

Ruger .454

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 05:31:08 PM »
Indeed.  We all know that an accidental discharge is the worst thing that a gun carrier can let happen, and that an accidental shooting is the worst of the worst.  This is far, far worse than event that.  I've see what suicide does to a family.  It's a tragedy that scars souls forever.

Facebook Comments