Author Topic: Huntsville Alabama - Kick-ass range session available! - Handgun Self Defense  (Read 1329 times)

weimerdane

• Liked: 2
    • View Profile
  • Region: Region 1
I recently completed the CCW (Concealed Carry Weapon) course offered by Cameron Bucy of Self Defense Solutions (SDS) in Huntsville, Alabama.  It teaches real-world gun fighting tactics and techniques that every legally armed citizen should know and practice.  The range session that follows the morning classroom session, will knock your socks off!!!  It starts with evaluation of your skill level; practice drills, some hands on learning of the techniques discussed in the classroom, and then moves into some intense scenario drills you might encounter in the real world.  From parking lots to public events and establishments; you get to hone your skills placing combat accurate shots, while avoiding hitting the innocents who might be close by.  Mr. Bucy utilizes moving targets, barricades, multiple targets & scenarios in this course.  The class is taught on a private range with lots of room to run & gun.  You will get to practice what, up until now, most of us have only read about in books.  He keeps his class small (no more than 4 or 5 max), so you get better personal instruction.  He also offers the option of private sessions.  Novice to advanced, Mr. Bucy adjusts the course to fit your level of skill.  He doesnít waste time on things you obviously know (after he evaluates your skill level), and his goal is to teach you the skills needed to fight, survive, and make it home safe at the end of the day.  Safety is his #1 consideration, and I never felt unsure or worried.  Overall, this was a very enjoyable, class that covers very serious subject matter.  He offers a whole range of firearms training, from basic to tactical levels.  Iím currently taking a Combative Hands class he offers, that really compliments the firearms training Iím taking.  He will design a course for you if you donít see what you want or need.  You can check out their website for more info:  http://www.selfdefensesolutions.net/  He is very good at returning emails & phone calls, and his prices are reasonable!!!  Iím recommending this to every ďgunnyĒ I know, not only for the valuable info & techniques youíll learn in this class, but also for the kick-ass range session that comes with it!  I want to do this one again!    A+++ 

cokecan500

• Liked: 103
    • View Profile
Cool! I sent him an email, and got a pretty quick response... Gonna call now and see about getting into a class or two before fall classes start. I'll post back how the class turns out  :dance

Brett256N

• Liked: 1
    • View Profile
Thanks much for posting this weinerdane!  I had been thinking about taking some sort of handgun defense course and really had no idea if anything was available locally.  I took a look at his site and it sounds perfect.  I had a couple questions though how long was the CCW class ? and at what range does it take place?  Also have you taken the tactical handgun course?

Regards

weimerdane

• Liked: 2
    • View Profile
  • Region: Region 1
Brett,
The CCW was a full 8 hour day.  The first 3 hours were in the classroom where we discussed tactics, techniques, strategies, and legal issues of concealed carry, but he also discussed things like weapon retention, presentation and other things (concealment issues, seasonal considerations...etc).  It was a pretty good class session!  This guy does not hold back on info and he really knows his stuff! 

We moved to the range for the last 4 or 5 hours.  It was a private range out in Toney (nice place) and we had the whole place to ourselves.  After we went thru some basic target shooting so he could evaluate our skill level, we did a lot of running and gunning, moving from cover to multiple barricades.  This is not a target shooting class.  He teaches techniques that will make you a faster, more accurate shot under stress fire conditions.  It really did rock!!! 

I'm on the waiting list for the next tactical class.  I'm currently in his combative hands class.  He also has "active shooter" classes for his students to keep your skills sharp.  I did a "Night Shoot" class with him that was awesome.  We started on the range at dusk, and by the end of the class we were shooting black silhouette targets at 75' in pitch dark.  He has an excellent teaching style, keeps his class size small for more personal attention to each student, and his prices are reasonable, so I'm hoping to take all his classes.     

Let me know if you have any more questions!  I was so thrilled to find an instructor of this caliber in our area!!!  I really can't recommend this guy highly enough.  He also is real good at returning emails and phone calls, so don't hesitate to contact him with any questions.

Brett256N

• Liked: 1
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info!

I just emailed him.

cokecan500

• Liked: 103
    • View Profile
I just finished his basic handgun and personal defense 1-4 today- Was really impressed, and agree with everything weimerdane said. Mr. Bucy is a great guy, and really knows his stuff! I can't wait to figure a time when I can make it into his empty hands, CCW, and tactical courses  :guns1

Facebook Comments