Author Topic: Pistol Permit Info  (Read 10411 times)

JohnH

• Liked: 171
  • Who watches the watchmen?
    • View Profile
Re: Pistol Permit Info
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 08:19:45 PM »
Though I have posted this elsewhere, the license issued in Dekalb County reads:

This permit entitles you to carry a handgun concealed within the state of Alabama unless otherwise prohibited. Example: Schools, Couthouse, federal Buildings, etc.

---Saftey Tips---

Treat all guns as if they are loaded.
Never point a gun at anything you do not want to shoot.
Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
Be sure of your target and what lies beyond.

Can our form of government, our system of justice, survive if one can be denied a freedom because he might abuse it? – Harlon Carter

"Fools", said I, "You do not know, Silence like a cancer grows"... But my words like silent raindrops fell... from "The Sound of Silence" by Paul Simon

Mystic Lemur

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »
They get points for putting the 4 Rules on the permit, but they lose more for the blatant lie that school carry is illegal. ::)

FTG-05

• Liked: 90
    • View Profile
  • Region: Region 1
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 07:25:32 PM »
Marshall County:

1. This pistol permit does not permit you to carry a gun openly.
2. Your permit is valid in the State of Alabama only.
3. Your pistol permit is void if you are arrested, on any charge.
4. Your pistol permit does not allow you to carry a pistol in any place that serves alcohol or while you are drinking or using
    any illegal drug.
5. Your pistol permit is also void in any air terminal or in any court House or other public building whether City, County, State
    or Federal.
6. If you carry a pistol under any of the above conditions where it is void, you will be subject to ARREST for carrying a
    concealed weapon.

AFM   >:(

If that's true (bolded statement above), then what's the point of reciprocity?

Region 1

woodpile

• Liked: 1156
  • Proud to OC (Openly Cling) God and guns
    • View Profile
  • Region: Region 6
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2011, 07:57:29 PM »
These are great points to bring to your local legislator in support of SDPA. The nerve of your sheriff to remove your right to carry in another state is absurd.
The Honorable Woodpile
Constable - Coffee County

Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless..
    -- Isaiah 10:1-2

clayg

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2011, 08:00:52 PM »
just when I thought it couldn't get any more crazy.  I'd like to know exactly what the sheriff had in mind when he put that on the permit?

boyd62

• Liked: 295
    • View Profile
  • Region: Region 4
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2011, 09:31:45 PM »
Marshall County:

1. This pistol permit does not permit you to carry a gun openly.
2. Your permit is valid in the State of Alabama only.
3. Your pistol permit is void if you are arrested, on any charge.
4. Your pistol permit does not allow you to carry a pistol in any place that serves alcohol or while you are drinking or using
    any illegal drug.
5. Your pistol permit is also void in any air terminal or in any court House or other public building whether City, County, State
    or Federal.
6. If you carry a pistol under any of the above conditions where it is void, you will be subject to ARREST for carrying a
    concealed weapon.

AFM   >:(

If that's true (bolded statement above), then what's the point of reciprocity?
  Probably an older permit form You know they cant waste money on a new form before the old ones are used up
Among the many misdeeds of the British in India,history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest. Gandhi, from his Autobiography.

KCinBAMA

• Liked: 70
    • View Profile
Why does it take so long to get a pistol permit in Madison County?
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2011, 11:01:00 AM »
Sheriff's investigator Chad Brooks answers
member of Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc

You may walk down Government Street with an exposed weapon in your underwear, and not be charged with a weapons violation, but perhaps a "saggy pants" charge by the City if they pass their ordinance.  Sheriff Cochran, Mobile County, Aug 10, 2011

• Liked: 638
    • View Profile
  • Region: Region 6
Re: Why does it take so long to get a pistol permit in Madison County?
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2011, 05:35:38 PM »
Sheriff's investigator Chad Brooks answers

Everybody read the comments.
It's better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Alcohol, tobacco and firearms should be a convenience store not a government agency.

FTG-05

• Liked: 90
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2011, 04:53:46 AM »
There's a bunch of idiots posting in that article.   :loco
Region 1

Ranger

• Liked: 666
  • AL Constitution Sec 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2011, 02:02:31 PM »
The Sheriff's Office will perform a complete investigation to assess the applicant's need for the permit is valid and if the applicant's character qualifies.

NEED? WTH! I need it to carry a pistol in my vehicle without being arrested for it. That's my need!
Always engage your brain before you pull your gun...a quick wit is the best safety device for any gun! If you can't control your tongue, your temper or your tendency to act like a fool, you have no business carrying a gun! The rest of us will scout Boot Hill for your final resting place.

Mystic Lemur

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2011, 08:51:02 PM »
The Sheriff's Office will perform a complete investigation to assess the applicant's need for the permit is valid and if the applicant's character qualifies.

NEED? WTH! I need it to carry a pistol in my vehicle without being arrested for it. That's my need!

That was actually my stated reason (well, not so blatantly) for applying for a permit, and it was good enough for St. Clair county.

Ranger

• Liked: 666
  • AL Constitution Sec 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2011, 06:15:00 AM »

That was actually my stated reason (well, not so blatantly) for applying for a permit, and it was good enough for St. Clair county.
I think it is sorta funny (sad, not ha-ha) that they make you prove a NEED for a license then they supply the need (to carry in a vehicle) within the very same law.
Always engage your brain before you pull your gun...a quick wit is the best safety device for any gun! If you can't control your tongue, your temper or your tendency to act like a fool, you have no business carrying a gun! The rest of us will scout Boot Hill for your final resting place.

Kirbinator

• Liked: 433
  • I am not a lawyer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2011, 10:31:07 PM »
Reason for applying: "ANY LAWFUL PURPOSE".
Who can endure toil, famine, stripes, imprisonment & death itself in vindication of his own liberty, and the next moment . . . inflict on his fellow men a bondage. -- Thomas Jefferson

"I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... never again!" -- Magneto

coosa1

• Liked: 48
  • Coosa County Coordinator
    • View Profile
  • Region: Region 4
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2011, 03:20:28 PM »
COOSA COUNTY

Front

State Of Alabama Pistol License - UNRESTRICTED

Back

1. This pistol permit is for concealed carry only.
2. Alabama permits are valid in reciprocal agreement states.
3. Your permit may be suspended/revoked if you are arrested for a criminal law violation.
4. Your permit may be suspended/revoked if you are carrying a pistol while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
5. Your permit is void in certain buildings/properties under control of Municipal, County, State, or Federal authorities.
”Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth.”
~George Washington

Blackcloud

• Liked: 856
    • View Profile
  • Region: N/A
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2011, 11:33:50 AM »
Madison county - quirky thing.  The plastic card with photo has "Permit # XXXXX", but the paper copy that accompanies it has "License # XXXXXXX" and the numbers are somewhat different but they do end in the same six digits.
"I just want to carry my gun and be left alone"

Facebook Comments